Thursday 7 June 2012

Weekly Challenge #73: UMT v.V: Bridgen

I have had a fantastic weekend with my friends celebrating the Jubilee, tea parties, a street party and the town music festival it has just been party, party, party! The boys have loved it (and to top of a great weekend I heard that my lovely hubby is due home from sea in less than a fortnight, we haven't seen him for four months so I have had big smiles on my face for the last few days!)  I decided to combine the red, white and blue theme with the challenge to use Bridgen this week to keep the patriotic theme going for a bit longer. 





Here are a few pictures of me and the boys modelling the crowns I made for the street party. I decided to do fabric rather than card so that they would last and can be used for dressing up again and again. I used velcro to fasten them so the size is adjustable so as you can see, Ben and I are wearing the same one.

 




Here are a couple more tangles that I have done in the last week, kind of playing around again with last weeks challenge with the crescent moon.

 



8 comments:

  1. Wonderful flag! Your second tile does look very patriotic. Nice work on all your tiles. What a wonderful celebration you had! Some of it was televised here in the states and it looked like so much fun. Your boys and the hats are charming! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every one of your tiles has character and style. I love the red white and blue them in the first two. Fantastic! Your mooka is so beautiful and ornate and your crescent moon is lovely and wavy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. jules - it's funny, i was just checking out your post and i see the flag you used with the bridgen - i'm doing that same flag now, started this afternoon. don't know how it will turn out - haha! probably not nearly as nice as yours! but i'm trying :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such fun, we have been watching on telly also! I love your beautiful creative style!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have been watching on telly also in THE NETHERLANDS ! I love your creation. love 'n greetz, Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  6. All your tiles are super, but that second one just blows me away. Would love to see something like that on a greeting card. It looks so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great tiles, all of them. Looks like some elegant crowns you made for the celebration. Watched some of the celebration, looked like a fun party.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the open spaces and airy feel of your second tile. You and your boys look to be having a wonderful time
    ,

    ReplyDelete